- 2 1/2 cup gram flour (besan)
- 3 cup ghee
- 2 pinch baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon green cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon edible food color
For The Main Dish
- 3 cup sugar
- 2 cup water
How to make Motichoor Laddoo
- Step 1 Make the boondi batterTo make this traditional Indian sweet at home, take a large bowl to add 2 1/2 cups of gram flour, then mix orange colour and mix it well. Then, add some water and a little baking soda. Blend the mixture well and make sure there are no lumps. Once the blend attains a perfect consistency, it’s time to move to the next step.
- Step 2 Prepare the boondiNow, heat ghee in a large deep frying pan. Place a perforated ladle (jhada) on top of the oil and add some of the batter. Slowly let the boondi batter fall in the oil and cook them on a low flame, till properly cooked. Once done, place the boondi on a tissue paper to remove excess oil.
- Step 3 Prepare sugar syrup and mix with the boondisThen, take a pan and add some water and sugar, allow this blend to boil until it attains a two-string consistency. Then add some cardamom powder and let it cook. Then add the boondis and cook till the sugar syrup and boondi is perfectly mixed. Cover it with the lid and turn off the flame.
- Step 4 Garnish and relish!Grease your hands with a little ghee and start shaping the ladoos. Place them in an open tray and garnish with some crushed nuts and indulge in the goodness.